Le Lenovo Service Engine, un outil implanté dans le Bios des PC Lenovo, cachait une faille de sécurité. La firme propose un correctif.
The dissection of data from the Hacking Team breach has yielded another critical discovery: Hacking Team uses a UEFI BIOS rootkit to keep their Remote Control System (RCS) agent installed in their targets’
Keychains raided, sandboxes busted, passwords p0wned, but Apple silent for six months
34th WIC Symposium on Information Theory in the Benelux
Third joint WIC/IEEE SP Symposium on Information Theory and Signal
Processing in the Benelux
May 30-31, 2013, imec, Leuven, Belgium, organized by imec and KULeuven
The symposium is organized under the auspices of the Werkgemeenschap voor Informatie- en Communicatietheorie and of the IEEE Benelux Signal Processing Chapter and supported by IEEE Benelux Information Theory Chapter
CALL FOR P APERS
CONFERENCE AIM AND TOPICS
The purpose of the conference is to share ideas, experiences and information on the following, or related, topics:
- – Shannon theory and applications of information theory,
- – Multi-user information theory,
- – Source, channel and network coding, data compression,
- – Cryptography and data protection,
- – Quantum information and quantum cryptography,
- – Signal detection and estimation,
- – Speech/Audio/Video/Multimedia signal processing,
- – Biometrics and pattern recognition,
- – Wired, wireless, ad hoc and sensor networks,
- – Software defined radios and cognitive radios,
- – Fundamental limits and approaches for cooperation in networks,
- – Biologically inspired algorithms,
- – Localization and tracking
The program committee is soliciting papers describing original work. Prospective authors are encouraged to submit a one-page abstract in pdf-format, including names of authors, affiliation with complete address and telephone numbers by e-mail to email@example.com. Each accepted paper will have either 20 minutes for oral presentation and discussion or a poster presentation. All accepted papers will appear on the WIC website. A prize will be given to the best student paper. A limited number of grants will be made available to M.Sc. students who have an accepted paper at the symposium.
March 21, 2013
April 12, 2013
May 20, 2013
May 30-31, 2013 Symposium.
Deadline for submission of one-page abstract (pdf-format). Notification of acceptance.
Camera ready papers due and deadline conference registration.