34th WIC Symposium on Information Theory in the Benelux
Third joint WIC/IEEE SP Symposium on Information Theory and Signal
Processing in the Benelux
May 30-31, 2013, imec, Leuven, Belgium, organized by imec and KULeuven
The symposium is organized under the auspices of the Werkgemeenschap voor Informatie- en Communicatietheorie and of the IEEE Benelux Signal Processing Chapter and supported by IEEE Benelux Information Theory Chapter
CALL FOR P APERS
CONFERENCE AIM AND TOPICS
The purpose of the conference is to share ideas, experiences and information on the following, or related, topics:
- – Shannon theory and applications of information theory,
- – Multi-user information theory,
- – Source, channel and network coding, data compression,
- – Cryptography and data protection,
- – Quantum information and quantum cryptography,
- – Signal detection and estimation,
- – Speech/Audio/Video/Multimedia signal processing,
- – Biometrics and pattern recognition,
- – Wired, wireless, ad hoc and sensor networks,
- – Software defined radios and cognitive radios,
- – Fundamental limits and approaches for cooperation in networks,
- – Biologically inspired algorithms,
- – Localization and tracking
The program committee is soliciting papers describing original work. Prospective authors are encouraged to submit a one-page abstract in pdf-format, including names of authors, affiliation with complete address and telephone numbers by e-mail to email@example.com. Each accepted paper will have either 20 minutes for oral presentation and discussion or a poster presentation. All accepted papers will appear on the WIC website. A prize will be given to the best student paper. A limited number of grants will be made available to M.Sc. students who have an accepted paper at the symposium.
March 21, 2013
April 12, 2013
May 20, 2013
May 30-31, 2013 Symposium.
Deadline for submission of one-page abstract (pdf-format). Notification of acceptance.
Camera ready papers due and deadline conference registration.