CALL FOR PAPERS
3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science
CLOSER website: http://closer.scitevents.org
May 8 – 10, 2013
Co-organized by: RWTH
Sponsored by: INSTICC
INSTICC is Member of: WfMC and OMG
Technically sponsored by: SINTEF
Regular Paper Submission: November 15, 2012
Authors Notification (regular papers): January 17, 2013
Final Regular Paper Submission and Registration: February 7, 2013
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
We would like to draw your attention to the 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science (CLOSER 2013 – http://closer.scitevents.org) whose submission deadline is scheduled for November 15, 2012. We hope you can participate in this conference by submitting a paper reflecting your current research in any of the following areas:
– Cloud Computing Fundamentals
– Services Science Foundation for Cloud Computing
– Cloud Computing Platforms and Applications
– Cloud Computing Enabling Technology
The conference will be sponsored by the Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication (INSTICC), co-organized by the Aachen University (RWTH) and technically sponsored by SINTEF. INSTICC is Member of the Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC) and Object Management Group (OMG).
The 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science, CLOSER 2013, focuses on the emerging area of Cloud Computing, inspired by some latest advances that concern the infrastructure, operations, and available services through the global network. Further, the conference considers as essential the link to Services Science, acknowledging the service-orientation in most current IT-driven collaborations. The conference is nevertheless not about the union of these two (already broad) fields, but about Cloud Computing where we are also interested in how Services Science can provide theory, methods and techniques to design, analyze, manage, market etc.
We would like to highlight the presence of the following keynote speakers:
– Gottfried Vossen, WWU Münster, Germany
– Ivona Brandic, Vienna UT, Austria
CLOSER is interested in promoting high quality research as it can be confirmed by last year acceptance rates, where from 145 submissions, 19% were accepted as full papers. Additionally, 30% were presented as short papers and 14% as posters.
Submitted papers will be subject to a double-blind review process. All accepted papers (full, short and posters) will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support. EHHC
A short list of presented papers will be selected for publication of extended and revised versions in a Special Issue of the Journal of Future Generation Computer Systems. Also a short list of presented papers will be selected so that revised and extended versions of these papers will be published by Springer-Verlag in a SSRI Series book.
The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP and EI (Elsevier Index).
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SciTePress Digital Library (http://www.scitepress.org/DigitalLibrary/). SciTePress is member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/).
Best paper awards will be distributed during the conference closing session. Please check the website for further information (http://closer.scitevents.org/BestPaperAward.aspx).
We also would like to highlight the possibility to submit to the following Special Session, whose deadline is scheduled for March 1, 2013:
– Special Session on Security Governance and SLAs in Cloud Computing (CloudSecGov)
Workshops, Special sessions, Tutorials as well as Demonstrations dedicated to other technical/scientific topics are also envisaged: companies interested in presenting their products/methodologies or researchers interested in holding a tutorial are invited to contact the conference secretariat. Workshop chairs and Special Session chairs will benefit from logistics support and other types of support, including secretariat and financial support, to facilitate the development of a valid idea.
CLOSER 2013 will be held in conjunction with WEBIST 2013 (International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies – www.webist.org/), CSEDU 2013 (International Conference on Computer Supported Education – http://www.csedu.org/) and SMARTGREENS 2013 (International Conference on Smart Grids and Green IT Systems – http://www.smartgreens.org/) in Aachen, Germany. Registration to CLOSER will enable free attendance to any sessions of WEBIST, CSEDU and SMARTGREENS conferences as a non-speaker.
Please check further details at the CLOSER conference website (http://closer.scitevents.org).
Should you have any question please don’t hesitate contacting me.
Av. D. Manuel I, 27A 2.Esq.
2910-595 Setubal, Portugal
Tel.: +351 265 520 184
Fax: +44 203 014 8638
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Matthias Jarke, RWTH Aachen, Germany
Frederic Desprez, LIP / INRIA, France
Donald Ferguson, Dell, United States
Ethan Hadar, CA Technologies, Israel
Frank Leymann, University of Stuttgart, Germany
Please check the program committee members at http://closer.scitevents.org/ProgramCommittee.aspx
Area 1: Cloud Computing Fundamentals
– Cloud Computing Architecture
– Cloud Standards
– Cloud Application Portability
– Cloud Interoperability
– Cloud Delivery Models
– Cloud Deployment Models: Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud
– Cloud Risk, Challenges, and Governance
– Business Cloud vs. Software Cloud
Area 2: Services Science Foundation for Cloud Computing
– Semantic Web Technologies
– Web Services
– Service and Systems Design and QoS Network Security
– Service-Oriented Architecture
– Internet of Services
– Service Modeling and Specification
– Service Composition
– Service Discovery
– Service Monitoring and Control
– Business Services Realized by IT Services
– Service Innovation
– Service Operation
– Service Strategy
– Service Marketing and Management
– Information and Service Economy
– Human Beings in Service Systems
– Enterprise Architectures and Services
Area 3: Cloud Computing Platforms and Applications
– Vertical Specific Cloud Services
– Cloud Middleware Frameworks
– Cloud Application Architectures
– Cloud Application Scalability and Availability
– COTS and Cloud
– Cloud Applications Performance and Monitoring
– Development Methods for Cloud Applications
– Economics (ROI, Costs, CAPEX/OPEX,.)
– Outsourced Production Environments
– Collective Intelligence/Crowd Computing
– Context-aware Computing and Peer to Peer Computing
– Big Data Cloud Services
Area 4: Cloud Computing Enabling Technology
– Troubleshooting and Best Practices
– Monitoring of Services, Quality of Service, Service Level Agreements
– Security and Cyber Security in the Cloud
– Performance Development and Management
– Cloud Ilities (Scalability, Availability,Reliability)
– Dynamic Capacity and Performance Management
– Cloud Optimization and Automation
– Virtualization Technologies
– Disaster Recovery
– Cloud Abstraction of Composite IT Systems
– Cloud IT Systems Reuse