ERCIM STM WG 2011 Award for the
Best Ph.D. Thesis on Security and Trust Management
The European Research Consortium in Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM – www.ercim.org) has a technical WG on Security and Trust Management (STM – www.iit.cnr.it/STM-WG) for performing a series of activities, as research projects, workshop/conference organization, dissemination of knowledge, for increasing the European research and development capabilities on security, trust and privacy.
One of the main goals of the WG is to promote the scientific growth of young researchers interested in the field of security and trust management. Thus, ERCIM STM WG established an award for the best Ph.D. thesis in this area in order to increase the visibility of the young researchers inside the ERCIM scientific community as well as in the larger European one.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
· rigorous semantics and computational models for security and trust;
· security and trust management architectures, mechanisms and policies;
· networked systems security;
· privacy and anonymity;
· identity management;
· ICT for securing digital as well as physical assets;
Applications for the 2011 Award are open to all Ph.D. holders that defended their thesis during 2010 in any European University. Applications consisting of the Ph.D. Thesis (in PDF format), a short summary of the Thesis (mandatory in English) and at least two letters of support (one from a researcher of an ERCIM STM WG Institution) should be sent by May 8th 2011 to the WG Chair, Javier Lopez <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Theses will be evaluated by a Committee appointed from the European research community. The theses will be judged on the basis of scientific quality, originality, clarity of presentation, as well as potential impact of the results. The Committee members for the competition are:
· Joris Claessens, Microsoft, Germany
· Jorge Cuellar, Siemens, Germany
· Javier Lopez, Univ. of Malaga, Spain
· Fabio Martinelli, CNR, Italy
· Vashek Matyas, Masaryk Univ., Czech Republic
· Bart Preneel, KUL, Belgium
· Alexander Pretschner, KIT, Germany
· Ketil Stoelen, SINTEF, Norway
· Edgar Weippl, SBA, Austria
The ceremony for the Award will be held during the 7th International Workshop on Security and Trust Management (STM 2011), 27-28 June 2011, in Copenhagen (Denmark).